View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 10:32 PM   #6
F16Vip3r

One year later...

After 1 year of ownership, we've put over 6,000 miles on the trailer, and spent more than 60 nights in her. She's treated us well, but we've had a couple more issues pop up:

1) The leaking pack-n-play door next to our sons bed continued to leak. It appeared that they replaced the seal UPSIDE DOWN with the seam at the top... thus allowing water to continue to leak into the camper. We initially fixed this with weather stripping, but after a while that seemed to compress and not give us a good seal. So, we brought it to a Camping World in CA that fixed the seal (again), this time putting the seam at the BOTTOM. Yay!

Unfortunately, it rained on our last trip and the door STILL leaked. My next try is going to be EZE RV Gutter around the door. I think it's just a poor design where water seaps into the space around the door, and there's no place for it to go. I hope the gutter just funnels the water away. BTW, we have friends w/ the exact same model, and they have had the EXACT same problem.

2) The city water connection leaked on the outside of the camper from the first day that we owned her. I figured it was just a poorly designed plastic connection, and lived with it. It wasn't until last winter, after I had already winterized once (connection comes in by water pump, which is under a cover under my son's bed) that it was also leaking INSIDE the camper. Ugh. Got this replace on our last visit to camping world, and it seems to be fine now.

3) Several bolts on the outside backed out leaving empty screwholes... Got these fixed under warranty. It included one that was holding some of the sealant above the main gutter.

4) Since our last warranty visit, we've noticed 2 more things... A) some delamination in our kids bunkhouse. Almost brought it in to get fixed under warranty, but documented it through a phone call to Keystone and will fix ourselves. We are sick of bringing her in for work and having to wait 3-weeks to get her back. B) one of the overhead lights (the one that is most useful, in the "cave" by the pantry), stopped working at the switch. Switch now pivots with no resistance, and light does not turn on. Replacing w/ an LED double dome light.

I think that's it! Other than the issues (more than we would like, and ESPECIALLY the pack-n-play door design), we still love her. She (along w/ our 2013 F-350 Diesel) have treated us very well...

2021 Cougar 364BHL
2013 Ford F-350 CC, 6.7L Diesel
Traded:
2013 Sprinter 320BHS
2007 Forest River Wildwood 27BHBS
F16Vip3r is offline   Reply With Quote