Thread: Tires?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggsp View Post
Not sure if this is the place for tire questions, but I keep hearing about chinese tire problems (blowouts, etc.)...we have a 2009 Outback with Mission Radials (almost no miles...just a couple thousand)...does anyone know who makes them, has anyone had problems, is the warranty coverage any good...I'm not having problems, just wondering if I should bite the bullet and buy some different ones.
It does not matter who makes them, most ST trailer tires are now made in China. Even Goodyear Marathons were made there up until a few months ago. (They stopped making them there because of increased failures) Trailer manufacturers don't bother balancing tires and seem to me use the minimum load rating on their trailers. If you don't over load, balance wheels, inflate properly and keep your speed down you should be OK. ( ST tires are speed rated to 65mph max.) The Chinese tires that first came on my Cougar were recalled and Keystone replaced them with Chinese Marathons. I personally choose to upgrade to 16" E rated commercial speed rated tires. One tread separation can cause thousands of dollars damage to today's trailers.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote