View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #28
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
A blanket statement with very little truth, in my opinion. You've had a bad experience or two with CW I'm sure, but if you look hard enough you'll do better. The tech's (and management) I've dealt with at CW Fort Meyers have been superb, as has CW in Ocala, Florida. The tech at David Motorhome Mart in Memphis did a walk-thru second to none on our DRV and took a number of phone calls from me and DW while we were settling in to our new RV.
Shop around a little. Good shops are out there.

I agree with Jim. I've had some bad experiences but by and large any missteps have been rectified and most encounters are OK. Are they like going to a Lexus or Porsche dealership? No, but that's apples and oranges.

I think (JMHO) some folks don't understand these are PLAYTOYS! Some treat them as if they are life and death and they spent their last penny on them. IMO they are just toys, built like toys so big boys can have something big to play with....and constantly fix; a "pastime" so to speak. A person takes his discretionary money, looks around for a "toy", picks an RV (and should know it's a toy) then gets all upset if it's not built like a tank. If it was, none of us would own one and you wouldn't see one on the road. They are built lighter and lighter so smaller and smaller vehicles can tow them. In addition, with all the cost cutting measures it's no wonder they are built like matchboxes, BUT, that's what all the potential customers are clamoring for - so they build them and we buy them as they are. As a previous post said, if you don't like them as they are....don't put your money into them. The market won't change because everyone else wants them the way they are (cheap/light)....but then again, those that just hate them won't have to worry about them and can put their money into a different toy that breaks all the time - boats come to mind.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote