View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 05:59 AM   #24
flybouy
Site Team

"For what they charge as the purchase price for these rigs, you should expect above notch craftsmanship and quality."

There's one cure for this, don't buy it. I'm amazed at how many people will make these statements and yet the RV's are disappearing off the lots and the RV shows are breaking attendance records. Do people buy these sight unseen, money up front, no refund policy?
The truth is yes RV manufacturers are making money just any other "viable" enterprise is. Those few that are still in business and offer "above notch craftsmanship and quality" charge many times the price for their units. If you want a Bentley craftsmanship then your going to pay considerably more than you do for an entry level Chevy. You buy an entry level home you get "builder's grade" carpets, cabinets, appliances, fixtures". If you want solid cherry custom cabinets, Italian marble and a steam shower then you need to step up to a "Custom Home Builder". Compare the cost per square foot.
I agree there are dealers that don't do their part after purchase, some I believe are "unscrupulous in their intent" and others that get a bad name because "new or first time buyers" that have unrealistic expectations don't "bend over backwards" when someone demands they "drop everything" and send out the NASCAR pit crew to re-insert a screw that fell out. A lot of New owners" will happily drive off and never look at the roof, never have maintenance done on the bearings, etc. and after driving them like the trailers hitch to a dirt track race car expect the dealership to "'warranty" everything that goes wrong. In my opinion, for what it's worth, if you have a serious issue with a product and getting the dealership and manufacturer to stand behind it then get serious about your actions. One of the strongest people in "your court" is the finance company. If you contact the financial institution that paid the dealership under your contract to pay them and explain the difficulties you're having they can often leverage a solution. This is also effective with other major consumer purchases for goods and services.
It's always been a "buyer beware" market and today, thanks to the internet/social media it's far easier to do the due diligence on the product and the seller before parting with your hard earned money.
JMHO
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote