View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 04:01 PM   #20
sourdough
Site Team

I started this thread because I know lots of folks wanting the vaccine but worried about it and the process as well. Definitely didn't intend for it to be a "those that take it are abc and those that don't are xyz" - unnecessary.

Many on the forum are traveling and away from their home states, I figure I'm not the only one that was curious/concerned how this would roll out when you are away. Sounds like we've been lucky. I had previously advised of my initial inquiry and the response. Today Susan and i received our first vaccination, it was Moderna.

The county we are in called a week ago and gave us the date and time to arrive at the community center. Pre check in going into the parking lot; fill out the paperwork in the vehicle; go to the entrance of the center and a National Guard member was there directing us inside; nurses/volunteers manning tables to take your information, give you the time/date for next injection and direct you inside; stand in a line (for about 15 seconds) then directed to the end of a table (conference tables set up with a nurse at each end to administer the shot) to get your shot; directed to a chair to wait for 15 minutes to see if there are side effects; leave.

From everything I've seen, read and heard this was going to be a nightmare. Quite the opposite - excellent, superior....even fantastic! The folks were extremely nice and courteous, efficient and just plain on top of it. It is very difficult to please me much less impress me - these folks were fabulous. I hope/wish everyone could have the same kind of experience we did today.
The vaccine (Moderna) had no effect on Susan or myself. It's been about 8 hours and neither of us has any pain or after effect. Stellar!

I don't usually contract illnesses or viruses....but I have in my life, even to the extent of being hospitalized. Regardless of how one feels about the vaccine my intention is to NEVER contract it then give it to someone I love. For me and mine it's the prudent thing to do.

Now, I know we are all strung all around this country but I would give a shout out and commend all the nurses, volunteers and National Guard members of Wakulla County FL for the just plain, flat out super job they are doing for the community.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote