View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 09:58 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan X View Post
If I’m not mistaken, the A frame rack refers to the rack itself which is mounted to the A frame of the trailer. In the above picture the rack has an open frame generator on it, which is loud and not conducive to camping. It appears from the picture that you could also install a quieter, inverter generator on the rack. However, a 2000 watt inverter generator will not run the air conditioner, which I believe is one of the OP’s requirements.

Edit-it appears I was posting at the same time as John.
Yup, we were posting at the same time (great minds think alike, eh?)....

Seems charby "missed the point" entirely. My post was about the rack, not the generator. As for the OP's requirement to carry a +/- 3000 watt generator. The rack is rated at 300 pounds, so it should support most "RV sized" inverter generators. To "appease those who like quiet generators" I went searching for another "advertisement with a different generator"... hopefully this will "help those who are visually motivated".....

Note: For anyone who looks at photos too critically, no, this is not my trailer and I don't have a wooden A frame on which I've mounted a rack..... Additionally, it would be very difficult to crank up that tongue jack with the positioning of the propane tanks and cover, so it's (as the previous photo) for illustration purposes only.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A FRAME RACK WITH INVERTER GENERATOR.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	20890  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote