View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 10:22 AM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpowers View Post
Fair enough. Great advice to others starting down this road. I made this sound so negative. I am soooo grateful to be a RV owner and should not be such a negative person at times. The fact I own a new trailer and get to make new memories and enjoy the Great White North I neglected to mention. First world problems. Listen to me. Jebus.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond with practicality.

My advice to others is to join a forum like this in advance of a purchase and ask questions and read others comments. Make an effort to do you research. Especially if you plan to do winter camping and make such a large investment. Taking a salesperson word for something is my fault. Truthfully I was just so excited when I picked it up I was wearing blinders. I learn best from my mistakes.

Camping memories become priceless and bumps in the road create adventures.

You have an excellent attitude about this "adventure" and are to be commended.

The good thing is that most of your problems can be either eliminated or improved with some time, money, effort and targeted modifications to improve cold weather performance.

As was pointed out in a prior post, the "4 season", "therma frost" options etc. are just sales hype. With the way a trailer is thrown together I doubt the workmen have any idea what is coming down the assembly line.

There have been several members that have tried to improve cold weather performance so maybe they will chime in with some of their real life remedies.

Until then, keep looking on the bright side and all the wonderful adventures and memories to be had/made. As one that also can zero in on the negative I have found (through the constant redirection of my DW) that looking at the positive side always makes your day, and others, much brighter.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote