View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 05:13 PM   #16
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbart56 View Post
Understand that the Super Duty Chassis Cab 6.7 Turbo Diesel is only available with the 330 hp and 950 lb. ft. torque engine. If you want the diesel engine with 500 hp and 1050 ft/lbs of torque you will need to get the pickup model.

My F350 is an XL model but it has everything I wanted in a truck. It's a diesel, 4 wheel drive with AC, P/S, Power door locks, power windows, cruise, intermittent wipers, tilt wheel, limited slip 3.73 rear end, automatic transmission, remote keyless entry, anti theft, dual rear wheels, and AM/FM CD player. It does have cloth seats but I'm ok with that. I don't need heated/cooled seats or leather.

It had an MSRP of $51K new and I've seen some new 2022-2023 ones similarly equipped going for $54K to $61K in the past six months or so. They don't sit on the lots very long though. Good luck with your search!.

I understand on the equipment. Having grown up with vehicles with no A/C, vinyl seats (think I've still got skin missing on the butt/legs), plastic floor liners, no radio etc. I've done without on them. You can equip an XL pretty well but those add ons really run the price up. If you add them then all the things I mentioned above are gone but the way they now try to put one "must have" option in one package and a different "must have" in a different package, each costing thousands, is aggravating. The one thing I won't do without anymore is built in nav with a larger screen. That option will require trim upgrades with all manufacturers. It's a very expensive choice but I (dw for sure) won't try to look at a smart phone or a small screen shaking up on the dash (btdt). The cool thing is that they make something for everyone no matter what they want.