View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 02:50 PM   #67
jxnbbl

Well I bit the bullet this week on getting the ingredients of my 'connectivity' project.

I've purchased a:

1. WeBoost, Drive Reach RV 47354
2. WifiRanger (Winegard) Osprey cat-12 model

I will do a 'soft install' of the antenna and test it out in our house to determine if it would be useful to enhance our "ok not great" Verizon based service. If it works I'll just get an extra inside and outside antenna and use the unit when not traveling.

The Osprey will replace our existing winegard gateway. Where we have been pleased with the gateway we were stuck with a limited cell service and wanted to be able to hotspot. (for now). When data plans come around we will be ready and I paid extra for the Cat-12 instead of cat-6 when that comes. The Osprey has a direct usb hotspot, integrates seamlessly with the Air 360 of the trailer and provides the wifi/wireless integration that I've enjoyed with the Winegard gateway. We will hotspot with Visible phone serviced tethered to the Osprey

For programming, we have changed to Directv streaming as they have a set top box/remote paradigm for those in my family that have a 'hard time' with streaming interfaces. But it will allow us to retain our local programming when traveling. I can't miss the Stanley Cup games! I've tested this out with our existing internet services at 2 locations and the hot spotted phone. I have not tested with our Fire TV in the trailer, but have a V1 Fire TV cube.

Will see how it goes in the next couple of months.
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote