View Single Post
Old 03-12-2023, 01:41 PM   #64
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineiacs View Post
Now in the process of switching from AT&T cell service to T-Mobile Home Internet. While the fine print says the receiver is for my home address only, I'm wondering how it will work if I bring it in the TT on our next trip. Assuming of course that the area we go to has T-Mobile service.

Anyone tried this yet? I see that markcee is considering it.
I did make the switch to T-Mobile and am currently using it at home. I won't be taking the trailer out until next month and plan on taking the gateway with me to test it out. I'll be roughly 300 miles from home, so it will be a decent test.

I did have some up/down issues here at home after it ran flawlessly for the first couple of weeks. I ended up contacting customer support via chat and the first question they asked was if I was using it away from my home location. So, despite what some say...I think there was even a YouTube video (later amended) stating it can 'go anywhere' - T-Mobile really doesn't allow it. I think the latest iteration of their EULA tightens up the language on this. I don't think they go out of their way to find and shut down users that aren't at 'home', but if it's detected (updates?, random reporting by the gateway?) I guess it could lock you out. For $50 a month, I figure it's worth a shot. I pay $45 for my DSL service and get about 30Mbps tops. With the T-Mobile, I'm generally 190Mbps at a minimum.

Since I'm going back to Ohio in May for about 4 months, I asked CS about switching my 'home' location there. She advised that I could definitely do that, provided there was service at the Ohio location. However, she stated that I be giving up my current 'home' and that there would be no guarantee there would be a 'spot' for me in my original service area when I got back home here in Arizona. I believe this to be the case because I know they do restrict the number of subscribers in a given area.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote