Thread: Best WDH
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2023, 08:53 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoundDad View Post
Thank you both for your help. We don’t tend to fill the truck with much when we go. The bike rack is on the back of the trailer which will help. I have already upgraded to E1 tires. I’m hoping with a good wdh and careful placement of the load we will be ok. The truck actually has an onboard scale and smart hitch so I’m hoping that will help as well.
Be careful with the "onboard scale and smart hitch system"...

It's tied into the main ECU and all "out of tolerance data" is recorded until downloaded at the Ford service center using the FDRS laptop.

As "unhinged" as it may seem, if you overload your truck, the smart hitch system will likely detect it, record it and ultimately "provide Ford with a means to deny warranty claims on anything "weight related"....

It's becoming a "gotcha world" more and more every day....

As an example, about 3 years ago, I took my Polaris Slingshot to the dealer for a recall and an oil change. When I picked it up, the service manager asked me how it handled at 96 MPH. I looked at him with a puzzled look, he told me that on a specific date, in 5th gear, engine RPM's were XX and speed was recorded at 96 MPH. Even "toys" can tell on you these days.....

So, watch your "at the ragged edge loading" it may give your service manager all the evidence he needs to charge you "full price for repairs denied by warranty" .....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote