View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 04:30 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

That's very frustrating and unfortunately not an uncommon experience. The dealer we bought from was a family owned business. I knew the owner from childhood (Boy Scouts) but weren't close friends. His father/family owned a used car lot and a furniture store. Purchased from both and never got burned.

On our maiden trip the microwave became possessed turning itself on. Called dealer and they said unplug it and bring it in when got back. On our way home we stopped at the dealer expecting to drop it off. They are only a few miles from our home.

I told them that I needed to empty the fridge and they said "Why?, we'll have it replaced in less than a 1/2 hr." Now mind you as far as anyone knew that I'm aware of had knowledge that I "know" the owner. Everyone was treated that way. That was my one and only warranty or repair experience there.

Fast forward about 5 yrs and a Heroin addict broke into the storage lot and did a lot of damage. The dealer had sold out to a conglomerate on the west coast. Long story but it was a real s##t show. Took forever, I refused the repairs 3 times and they even backed a new fiver into the front of our trailer folding the jack under the new Husky remote control tongue jack.

Seems like finding even a decent (forget outstanding) RV dealer is rarer then Dodo Bird eggs these days.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote