View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 10:40 AM   #1
Lappster

Jaboni overcharging

I'll try and make this brief, just purchased a 2020 331RL with a Jaboni solar system factory installed. The system is constantly in over voltage error. I've isolated it down to the solar as it still does it when its not connected to AC. The only way i can keep the system happy is leaving a bunch of lights and fans on to keep enough draw on it so it doesnt go past 15v. It sits idle with lights and invertor on at about 14.8-15, as soon as it goes over that it errors and the invertor kicks off which of course causes a bunch of headache with the fridge . I've been messing with it for 2 weeks since we got it, dealer is zero help until late fall, Keystone wont give me info other than to take it to the dealer, Jaboni has a contact form which i left a message last week, grrrrr.
My next thought is to put a solenoid/switch in to kill the output of the solar to the battery but i'm thinking it is the controller either set wrong or faulty. I havent found much online about this MPPT controller. I've got 2 group 27's in parallel from factory. I've been trying to leave it running on just solar but what a pain in the *** to remember to check on it a few times a day to be sure the invertor is still on and fridge is running. There has to be an easier way!
Getting ready for a few week trip so any help would be appreciated!!

Thank you!!
Troy
Lappster is offline   Reply With Quote