View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
ktmracer

We have a 2011 295RE, basically the predicesor to the 298RE, same length, same layout but w/o the bedroom slide. So far I'd say the quality is great for the class of trailer it is, "medium" range. No issues and IMHO I'd say outback designers must have been actual campers based on what was done inside. someone actually knows how campers use the trailer. We did a very through PDI, took about 4 hours, found two very minor cosmetic items to be fixed while we went to lunch. Since then we've camped in it a total of 45+ days, probably 10 different trips including a 3 week trip to Zion/Bryce etc. towed great. Our only "complaint" is that the decorating "themes" that are available aren't really to our tastes, but that's not unique to outback. Seems like everyone has the same basic themes this year. It's ok, but DW did redo the bedroom drapes, headboard and bedspread as soon as it was home, and plans to do more as time is available.

When keystone asked for feedback from us, virtually all the comments I had are incorporated in the 298RE. the must be listening to customers. drawers under the couch, change the orientation of the dinette to keep from banging knees, add a real hitch for bikes, add provisions for rear ladder, add a slide to the Bedroom. were the major things I suggested. Guess what.... things they have added many across the lineup.

Check out outbackers.com

2004 Silverado CC/SB/ 4x4 Duramax
Pace 14' bike hauler with full living quarters
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote