View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 10:49 AM   #5
KeithInUpstateNY

A couple of thoughts.

A propane refrigerator has to be almost spot on level to function properly.

I always precool everything in the fridge/ freezer at home before loading it in the camper and start the refrigerator there a few hours before I load it. I also have a supply of eight blue ice packs that I prefreeze and put in the camper refrigerator and freezer to fill them as much as possible. Pre-chilled water that you are going to use anyway also helps to cool the unit and take up space. I keep a digital thermometer in the fridge and the temperature will climb pretty quickly from mid thirties to mid forties if the door is opened frequently and the fridge isn't full.

If you are still experiencing cooling issues after a couple of days check the seals using the dollar bill test. Close it in the door being sure it is latched. It should be difficult to pull out. Check all four sides of both doors.

Some refrigerators have a fan in the back to aid with exhausting heat from the coils, particular ones with a top wall vent instead of a roof vent typically when the refrigerator is in a slide, but not always. If it is equipped with one and the fan isn't working the refrigerator won't cool properly.

As others have said elsewhere, let us know how things turn out. It may help someone else in the future.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote