View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 02:06 PM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
This won't answer any of your questions but why would you want to go to the expense and trouble of putting this on?

I have a 14 Cougar High Country and it has the enclosed tanks in front. I leave both tanks on and about every 3 days pull the 2 rubber straps that hold it closed, lower it just a bit and see if the regulator shows red. If so, off comes the cowl and out comes the bottle for refill. Really simple and easy. With 2 bottles I've never found that I need to know if one is "partially" full or not - just run it till it's empty and fill it up.

Just wanted to clarify the above. I check my tank status every 3 days or so during cold weather like we've had with my furnace running every night. In the summer I don't have to look at it much. Every 2-3 weeks if plenty.

And yes, running 2 tanks is far more convenient than running one IMO. On my first trailer it was recommended to leave one off and switch as has been explained. It takes only one trip at midnight in a foot of snow to make you question that practice - and why you would even need the auto change feature. I've ran with 2 tanks open ever since and never had an issue.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote