View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 11:23 AM   #8
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthunder View Post
Good Morning I have a 2013 Hideout and I am having a problem with our fridge as well it has been in the shop for days in the last couple of years trying to find the problem and all I get told after testing your unit it all looks ok but when we head out camping after 4 days my fridge goes into defrost mode I feel and will not go back into cooling mode. been talking to Dometic they say I could have a blockage in the cooling lines as the heat chamber and the cooling lines are both hot? one person said I have lost some Helium? My problem is why would this work great for a few days and then stops! anyone else having this same problems?
Welcome to the Forum

First off if your refer is a Dometic, then it doesn't have any Helium in it. Only Atwood used it and I think it was only for a couple of years. Yes Dometic did buy Atwood, and IIRC parts support will not be good.

RV refers don't have a "defrost" mode, there may be a heat strip in the door seal to help with exterior condensation, but that doesn't explain your issue. Lots of questions:
Is the refer on LP or Electric when it gets warm
are you opening the doors often
do you get any "check" light on the face of the control panel
are you sure the doors are fully closed when you get something out

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote