View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 06:10 PM   #4
Leatherman

Hi Greg,

First, congrats on the new trailer!

I am also from Carroll (Westminster). The wife and I have ordered a 24RKPR.

I am curious how you are going to remedy some issues with the trailer. After looking at it at the dealer, we noticed several items of concern:

* There are no 110V outlets in the living area for power to laptops, etc. The only ones we can find are behind the TV and near the microwave above the sink. I emailed someone at the factory and they said it's the way they were designed. I told her that it would be embarassing if someone visited and I had to run an extension cord from the outlet above the sink to my table so I can charge my phone or run a laptop.

* No drawers for the utensils (as you have already pointed out). My wife has already come up with an idea to remedy this with a specific type of drawer that will fit where the sink is located.

* No towel, TP , etc. racks in the bathroom. I contacted the factory about this and they said "we stopped installing them and have left it up to the dealers to install because the buyers all wanted them in different locations". I have purchased what we need for these items and will just mount them myself.

* No coat rack (bar) in the coat closet. Its strange that the coat closet does not have a bar to hang them on (??) in the closet. You noticed this as well. Again, I will get a bar and hang it in the closet, this is no big deal

Yes, we ordered the trailer anyway. We love the layout, cost range and the build from what I could see at the dealer. I am pretty handy and can do what needs to be done even if I end up doing the electric outlets.

Please keep me up to date with what you end up doing yourself and the customizing you complete. I already have a RENOGY solar setup from my other trailer that I will integrate into the 24RKPR this Spring.

Thanks!

Bobby

I think we should hook up after we get both trailers and compare notes.
Leatherman is offline   Reply With Quote