View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 04:37 AM   #26
xrated

Yea, it's kind of a funny word for sure, but certainly the right choice for working in such a small confined space. I thought about doing the portable one, but I guess I'm just hard-headed enough to say...."what the heck",....I'm an Electrician, I got this. Knowing how to do it (pretty simple really), and actually being able to physically do it are two entirely different things. The factory wiring certainly isn't rubber covered flexible cord (SOOW or such), the getting that out of the load side of the transfer switch and into the EMS was bit of a challenge, but being in the small space proved to be the most challenging. It's done though, and I'm more than happy with the results. I did have to crawl/contort myself back in there to run the small wire for the remote display unit, and that was a piece of cake compared to the time spent doing the EMS main wiring install. It's all working now and I tested it out by hooking up to my 50A shore power at the house.

As far as your warranty goes, I can't answer that question. I do know that working on cars/truck/motorcycles/etc., there is nothing that says that you have to take it back to a dealer to keep your warranty intact, if you do the work yourself or have someone do it for you. I've always done as much of that stuff as I feel comfortable doing, but I do always save the receipts for parts purchased etc, just in case there is an issue moving forward. Anyway, you'll feel much better knowing that your camper is protected.......

Even if you took the easy way out!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote