Thread: Rv show...
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 05:45 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguess View Post
Just got home from an Rv/ boat show in Gulfport, Ms. Holly crap, I thought it was called camping..... Don't want to make anyone mad but where are we going with this .... ? We have a 2011 hideout FLB that we love. It's comfortable , serves us well but I was caught up with bigger, better, look what this has , wow, more of this and that! When I got home, I went into my camper, sat down and said to myself, don't get caught up in the greed of bigger , newer, better. We can afford to upgrade but I'm not going to drink the kool aid . Every situation is different, but we camp 6-9 times a year, I want to use my Keystone to its fullest and wear it out, then buy a new camper.... I have to remind my self , it's called camping...... Not a luxury townhouse on Sunset Blvd. God bless....
We don't have anything fancy. (see sig) But we have done our time in leaky tents, sleeping on rocks or roots, buzzing mosquitoes all night long, eating burnt food with ashes for seasoning and lying to kids that the animals can't get into a tent. Now it's time for recliners, flatscreens, pillow top mattresses, and a fridge that keeps the beer at a perfect 34 degrees. Life is good, life is short .... if it is what you want and can afford it ..... GO FOR IT!!!! JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote