View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #1
JRB

When do I bail? Another cold temperature discussion

I've been living in our Bullet while work has been going on with our house remodel, but now the cold front coming through looks like it's going to end my fun. We have straw bales around most of the TT (which has the infamous "heater package") and I'm running on a hose for water and a 30 amp shore plug for power. I've been running an electric heater overnight, but not during the workday, when I'm not around.

I'm looking for some confirmation that my guesses are on track here:
  • I need to disconnect the hose ASAP.
  • I need to empty my tanks ASAP, or else completely winterize* the unit.
  • Or maybe I could be okay if I leave the electric heater on, very low, during the day. It has a 68 degree "eco" setting. But if so, how cold can it get before I need to do something more?
*Note: never have winterized before, so I'm watching YouTube videos. Your pointers are gratefully accepted.

Our Bullet is, I assume, stock, so there are no mods like those described in geo's sticky. (I'm not sure which of those mods would apply to my Bullet, anyway.) They look pretty complicated/intimidating to me, so I haven't pursued any of them, particularly not given that I have no daylight when I get home from work.

Many, many thanks for any guidance you can give me!!!