View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 09:44 PM   #9
Wes Tausend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow View Post
From page 13 of the Goodyear RV Tire & Care Guide: (http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/tire-care-guide.pdf)

"Storing your vehicle properly helps protect your tires.
• Keep your vehicle in a cool, dry storage area out of direct sunlight and UV rays.
• Unload your vehicle so that minimum weight is on the tires.
• Inflate your tires to recommended operation pressure plus 25%, but don’t exceed the rim manufacturer’s inflation capacity.
• Thoroughly clean your tires with soap and water before storing them to remove any oils that may have accumulated from the road.
• Move your vehicle at least every three months to help prevent cracking and flat-spotting, but avoid moving it during extremely cold weather.
• Place your vehicle on blocks to remove the weight from the tires. If the vehicle can’t be put on blocks, make sure the storage surface is firm, clean, well-drained and reasonably level."

I found the +25% pressure an interesting recommendation.
I find that "+25% pressure" an interesting mothball concept also. Wonder what the reasoning is? If the tires are unloaded anyway, I would have more likely thought reducing pressure would be reasonable.

Furthermore, the manufacturers unloading suggestion seems to validate the OP's concern with, "Lifting TT Up & Off Tires".

Cleaning is also a new one on me, but may make sense if the same accumulated dirty scum on body panels has anything to do with oils present on, or near, highways.

Wes
2019 Leprechaun 311FS
Wes Tausend is offline   Reply With Quote