View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #7
BulletOwner1

What has been said previous is true. The "Thermal Package" on my Bullet is "covered underbelly (covered - NOT INSULATED), larger BTU furnace, and heated tanks (by this they mean a 2" heat duct from the furnace directed haphazardly into the underbelly)". There is no extra insulation above and beyond what they would put in a non-Thermal Package unit.

Now for my experience in cold weather. We stayed in an RV park in Fernley, NV just east of Reno last Oct. through Dec. It got uncharacteristically cold. Down to 0 degrees for several night in a row. We used a lot of propane. What we found that worked best during really cold spell was to use the freshwater tank, filling every day or so, and dumping at the same time. We did not leave water dripping. That can cause other problems. Like a frozen waste water hose. At that point you can't do anything even if your freshwater is usable because your tanks fill up and you can't dump cause your drain hose is froze. Happened to some campers in the park.

Oh, we also used a small electric heater to supplement the furnace. Notice - I said supplement not use in place of. You still need to run the furnace in order to supply that heat to the underbelly for the tanks.