View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 06:50 AM   #8
Bob Landry

I think quality in a lot of cases is pretty subjective. I just picked up my Outback and pulled it home(150 miles) after spending a "shakedown night" in it in Houston. When I got home, one of the drawers was partially pulled out and would not close. I found that keystone had used pieces of 1/8" luan(scrap) for backing and attachment plates. The plywood is thin so if the screws are over tightened, the bond is stripped and they can back out. Things like this are minor to me, but I'm capable of fixing about anything that goes wrong barring a structure or frame failure
You have to remember that these are production units and a lot of the workers on the production lines are unskilled. Also, it cost more money to stop the line to replace a piece of split wood than to let the dealer(or owner) deal take care of the minor stuff. This is my second trailer and what I have looked for both times is fit, finish, how well the cabinets are secured to the walls, are the doors properly hung, etc.

All that being said and in answer to your oruginal question, I think the Outbacks are built as well as any medium pricepoint production trailer. I'm not sure you get much better quality in a high dollor unit than you do with these, they just look a little shinier. Enjoy it..
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote