Thread: Lurking...
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 06:53 AM   #13
RVGator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimNTerry View Post
Trailer in signature is heading into our 6th season. No issues to speak of really.
Upgrades, Modifications and repairs

On Purchase - Dealer installed 2 6 volt batteries as we intended dry camping from the start.

Season 1 (2015) - Before our first trip we bought a New Mattress.
Added Maxx Fan vent covers over fore and aft vents.
Added Fantastic fan in bedroom vent.
some time back at the dealer for minor warranty repairs I can't even remember what the repairs were.

Season 2 (2016) - Added Xantrex 1800 watt Inverter Charger.

Season 3 (2017) - JUST MAINTENANCE AND ENJOYING IT.

Season 4 (2018) - Replaced original batteries since I did not remove them as part of winterization (First winter in Colorado and first time I winterized). The batteries died, froze and split the case so I had to replace. I Replaced with 4 Sam's club Duracell batteries and added a true battery disconnect. Now we can go our typical weekend with out recharging (I still bring a generator just in case).

Season 4 (2019) Struggled with refrigerator performance on propane It kept shutting down ion us. After thorough cleaning and much trouble shooting I finally replaced the circuit board and problems solved.

Replaced the OEM Trailer King tires. We never had an issue with them but it was time. Replaced with Provider E rated tires from Discount tire.

Season 5 (2020)
Replaced thin OEM shackles with heavy duty mor-ryde shackles, bronze bushings and wet bolts. I was beginning to see the elongated holes and the replacement/upgrade was preemptive. During Install noticed that the original plastic bushings were shot and it was definitely time.

Replaced the OEM water pump. The pressure switch went bad and it kept cycling. Replaced with a quieter 4 stage pump (RecPro?) and added a pre-filter. While in there I added an accumulator and applied a bunch of silencing techniques and now it is very quiet. I fixed the OEM pump and now have a backup/transfer pump to add water from a jug or bladder for extended dry camping situations,

Over the years we have had our share of minor irritants and issues but for the most part it has held up well. We are still pleased with our purchase and continue to enjoy it.

Good comprehensive post.
RVGator is offline   Reply With Quote