Thread: Lurking...
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 08:12 PM   #4
markcee

Disclaimer - this is our first travel trailer.

Bought ours new in Dec 2019. Overall, we have had a lot of minor annoyances and a couple not so minor.

- 2 blowouts, same tire, on first long range journey. It was determined that both axles were defective, causing the issue. Replaced under warranty by Keystone within days of occurrence. We have a few thousand miles since with no further problems. Damage to skirting from blowouts was also covered under warranty.

- Control board for awning failed. Currently in shop for warranty replacement. Awning fabric also pulling away from roller. This is also being corrected under warranty.

- Darco wear under sofa slide. This was recently noticed and is currently under review in the shop (while above work is being performed) to determine if it can still be covered under my now expired mfg. warranty. (I believe this is a known issue with FR trailers as wel).

- Entry door keeps popping open - can happen under transit and even when stationary. Received several tips on corrections to this from this forum. Will try to remedy myself when I get it back from Camping World.

- Replaced leaky propane regulator after 6 months.

- Replaced faulty water heater pressure relief valve after 6 months

This sounds like a negative review but to be honest, I actually really like the trailer. I think many of these issues are the primary reasons many say to buy a 1-2 year old trailer as all these bugs have been ironed out and the issues repaired. Even in my short time RV'ing, I think I'm convinced you won't find any coach without build issues.

What we like in our trailer:

-King-sized bed. Believe this is standard in the Cougar 1/2 ton family

-Ground Control TT. Love the one-touch auto level. Zero issues with this so far.

-Opposing slides. Lots of space for me, the wife and our two small dogs.

-Room to 'entertain'. Our floor plan was maybe the only 30ish' TT we found with both a sofa and two recliners.

-It looks nicely appointed for a mid-priced coach. We looked at some comparable Jayco's when we bought and they didn't impress us as much.

Finally, definitely agree with the other comments about tow vehicle. These are big, heavy trailers. I was ignorant and fell for the hype and bought an F150 max tow for this trailer. Both the RV and Ford dealer said ' that's plenty of truck'. It wasn't a bad tow for short runs, and I was able to just barely keep it within the truck's ratings, but as we got closer to our first trip cross country, the wife and I chickened out and bought the 1-ton. Tow difference is night and day.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote