View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 01:05 AM   #2
rjsurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
We have owned our 2014 Cougar High Country 319RLS for about 2 months. We are on our maiden trip to FL and have been in it about one month. About 2 weeks after we got here I went out one morning and water was spouting thru the vents on the outside hot water cover. The plastic drain plug had developed a small crack and was blowing water out the vent. I went to Camping World and bought another one and installed it. That was about 2 weeks ago. This morning when I went out I had the same blowing water situation and the same small crack in the plastic drain plug (replaced it again). Shouldn't they last longer than that?

I read that you can't put a brass plug in a steel tank etc. etc. and have asked Keystone what the tank is made of but they apparently don't know since that was 2 days ago. It seems to be the only answer but I can't figure the plastic plug developing cracks that quickly or what would cause that kind of pressure or? My only thought is that I always turn on both the gas and electric heaters when I take a shower at night and have forgotten to turn off the gas one on a few nights. Would that have some effect on the plug? I wouldn't think that the temp or pressure would get that high/hot. Has anyone got any ideas on what would cause something like that? If there is some underlying problem I sure want to find it.
Could be the over pressure relief valve is stuck.

Try manually pulling the lever next time your heater has warmed up, just stand back a bit when you do it in case of it spewing out some real hot water.

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote