View Single Post
Old 12-12-2022, 10:22 AM   #14
flybouy
Site Team

I don't like using poison for two reasons. First, the mice are part of the natural food chain. By poisoning the mice you can be poisoning water eats that mouse, like an eagle, a fox, or snake, etc. Second reason is most of the posions make the mouse "drink themselves" to death. If water isn't readily accessible they will chew through the plastic pipes to get water.

I have had good results by using good old fashion spring snap mouse traps. Place them perpendicular to a wall or cabinet face as they walk/run along walls guided by their whiskers. I bait them with peanut granola bars and don't have the mess of peanut butter and it lasts longer.

I use a peppermint spray as well. I started using the spray when the squirrels were and field mice kept eating the wires on my outside surveillance cameras at home. I spray the wires about every 3 months and haven't had to replace a wire in over 3 years now. I've used the Freshcab but they are expensive and don't last that long. I have "re-charged" them using the same peppermint spray with good results.

This is my experience, YMMV.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote