View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 05:53 AM   #9
ShotgunZ71

Congrats on the new camper and welcome to the group! I also have a 30BHS and we've traveled over 1100 miles in the past few months to various places. I tow with a Silverado 1500 LTZ 6.2 and Equalizer E4 WDH. My camper loaded up is at 8700 lbs. We don't take water with us, so that's not an issue with adding more weight. The truck tows it nicely, especially since getting the WDH dialed in.

If you do get another truck, I would skip the 2500 and would look at the 1-ton trucks just in case you go bigger with your campers in the future. We actually downsized to a 30BHS due to kids getting older and not going as often with us. The 5th wheel we had weighed more by itself than the truck and trailer together do now! I may get another HD truck in the future, but pulling the camper wouldn't be my sole reason. Something about driving the HD trucks since having them the past several years has a more commanding presence. LOL!

We've really enjoyed our 30BHS and the versatility it offers. The storage in the back, the open area in the living room and kitchen, plus those bunks when extra room is needed. Enjoy your trips!