View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 04:41 AM   #13
Alpine Custom Upgrade

Goosebox Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingjack View Post
Looking for informed opinions; 2022 HC 295RL- 34' and less than 12K lbs. Previous 2013 40'/14,500 lb Mountaineer; we used MorRyde and did pretty well. Got to believe these airbag/shock absorbers have to be a much better ride. Goosebox and Trailer Saver are two different systems (both use airbag & shocks) so just looking for best ride plus pros/cons of each. Checked lots of the online rhetoric now getting close and would like forum opinions.

OBTW, running B&W flip over ball and Companion hitch currently with stock hitch=pretty rough.
Thanks for any help.
Jack
I installed a Reese Goosebox on my 3650RL Alpine and really like it. Mine has the air valve facing the driver side which I like as well. I use a 12" long air chuck that I can add air by standing on the ground next to the truck. I would stay clear of the new and improved version of the goosebox because of the placement of the air valve vertically in the center front of the neck. As has been said, "hopping" into the bed of a truck in my case would be more like "getting a stool and climbing over the side". NOPE! My goosebox has an air pressure limiting valve and I run the max psi that the valve will allow. I think it makes for a better ride with less chucking. I checked into a Hensely TSLB which is a good system but it also raises the ball 5 inches and I do not want to raise my RV 5 more inches so I went with a standard B&W flipover ball that the truck came with and went with the Goosebox. Works well for me.
2012 Freightliner M2 112 2L Conversions
450HP Detroit DD13 1,650 torque,
Allison 4000 automatic, 4.30 gear
Alpine Custom Upgrade is offline   Reply With Quote