View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 05:27 AM   #4
markcee

Welcome to the forum!

As a fellow '1/2 ton' Cougar owner, also with a 9500 lb GVWR, be mindful that for the most part, the '1/2 ton towable' nomenclature is marketing hype. The 1/2 ton trucks most suitable for a '1/2 ton towable' trailer are stripped down base models, long bed version, with a heavy duty towing and/or payload package.

My trailer (1' shorter than yours) has a 1200 lb tongue weight when loaded to 8500 lbs. I towed it initially with an F150 'max tow' that had 1870 lbs of payload. Without loading much of anything in the truck I had a couple hundred pounds of payload remaining and was only 20 lbs shy of my rear axle weight limit.

Sounds like the Ram 'Warlock' is a lifted, off road type package vehicle. Lifted trucks are typically less suitable for towing and also likely have less payload capacity than other 1500s, as they have additional components added (more weight = less payload).

I'd take a look at the driver's side door pillar for the yellow and white Tire & Loading sticker which will list your truck's payload capacity as well a the other sticker there that lists its front and rear axle caps and GVWR. These will at least give you an idea of where you stand.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote