View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 01:13 PM   #47
440scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
The combustion chamber intake and exhaust are on the exterior wall per code. The return probably isn’t covered but a register may be by a retracted slide (floor). My registers are in the middle of the floor so my slides don’t cover them, return is under the fridge (not in a slide).
Good setup! Would it be correct to consider an RV furnace direct vented? Unlike some residential furnaces an RV uses outside air for combustion. Even though an RV furnace is not very high on the efficiency scale (60-75%) like the 96% efficient residential furnaces it still doesn't seem so bad, although there are a lot of complaints about the high amperage of the furnace blower motor. The high efficiency furnace in my sticks and bricks has 2 heat exchangers and like an RV it is direct vented. The residential high efficiency furnaces can use PVC pipe for intake/exhaust. Because nearly all the heat that is created is transferred to the supply air, there is very little heat exhausted to the outside which is why they are able to use PVC pipe for exhaust. Sorry, I got way off track but just thinking of how a small high efficiency residential furnace could be adapted to an RV other than switching the blower motor to a 12 volt and rejetting or replacing the gas valve for propane.
440scout is offline   Reply With Quote