View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 01:36 PM   #12
Captainf2

Fresh water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangfire View Post
Hi,

We just purchased a 2013 Keystone Hideout 31 BHS. It has a 45 gallon fresh water tank.

The trailer will be permanently parked at our camp. The camp has no service at all. I will use solar, batteries and generator.

As for water I think my plan will be to haul out well water from home in a 45 gallon plastic barrel in the back of my truck. Once I get to camp I can use a sump pump and pump it into the trailer with a garden hose. We would use this water for washing not drinking (even though it's good well water).

Typically we only go on weekends so I think I would only need to haul the water barrel every second time and top up the trailer. The other weekends I may just bring a few 5 gallon jugs and pour it in.

Should I add some type of chemical to the water as it may sit in the holding tank for weeks? Chlorine or something?

I could get lake water but it's 150' away and not as clean water.

How does all this sound? Any tips or tricks? Am I on the right path in my thinking.
I purchased a poly marine 45 gal fuel tank and bought the rv 12volt water pump. Hooked up the pump to the fuel pick up tube with poly tubing and hose barbs. Converted the pump discharge to garden hose, tied the garden hose into the city water connection. Connected power to a trailer plug to get 12volt power. The pump runs like the on board pump, on and off on pressures. Been boondocking at race tracks for years. Take the truck to a local water supply to fill. Outdoor showers limit gray tanks from being filled. IMO
Captainf2 is offline   Reply With Quote