View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 06:30 AM   #5
Stangfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
I'll guess your well water is not chlorinated. There is a product by Camco called TastePure.
It contains sodium hypochlorite. You mix it at 1 oz per 20 gallons and it keeps any algae or slime from forming in your tank. I used it as a purifier when we were camping and had to fill from an untested source.
Camco says it's safe to drink the water at these mixing ratios but we've found it has a slight chlorine taste when we've used it. Wasn't terrible but we used our bottled water for drinking for that trip. Once I rinsed the tank after coming home the tase was gone. I use this product now for spring sanitation of the FW system.
There are drinking water test kits available (you probably use them for your well water) that can tell you if the water is safe to use.
Thanks. Yes my well water is untreated. Straight from the ground. It’s good drinking water but after sitting a few weeks I’m sure would go slimy. I’ll look into that product you mentioned.

Like I said we would bring bottled water for drinking but I still don’t want my fresh water holding tank going slimy. We may skip a weekend going out so there is chances of the water sitting a couple weeks not used or circulated.
Stangfire is online now   Reply With Quote