Thread: Sealing your RV
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #14
nanaof4boys

Thanks flyguy! I do have the owner's manual with the Lippert info that came with my camper...but its like reading Greek to me I didn't find anything in it that talks about maintaining the seals or fixing leaks though But, it rained again yesterday after we dried out the carpet and it didn't leak again. We did notice when we were looking for places that might be suspect and we put the slide in...a lot of water was running down and dripping in that corner...and we are wondering if the water is pooling on top of the slide. My husband got a ladder and looked at the top and there was pinestraw and a twig or two on top that probably got there from the storm the night before. he swept both slides off and they are extended now while we are loading up for another camping trip. It is cloudy and may rain more before we leave. I told him we are NOT going to let a leak ruin our camping fun....if we can't get it stopped before we leave we are taking a tarp and if it rains while we are camping we will put the tarp over that end of the slide to see if that prevents water from coming in. Won't look pretty and will be bad advertisement for Keystone for all to see a new camper with a tarp covering a leak! We are having awnings installed over the slides when we go back to the dealership area in September to camp...will leave it with them when we are done or before we get ready to camp so that they can install them. Maybe that will help.
nanaof4boys is offline   Reply With Quote