View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

From a very "CAUTIOUS" point of view, if it's going to drop to 28 and stay there, then I'd at least blow the water out of the lines, add a little antifreeze to the traps and the toilet. That's my 'over cautious self" talking.....

Now, what many subscribe to is this: The "mass" of the travel trailer will heat up sufficiently during the day to prevent complete cool down to the ambient temperature during the cold parts of the evening. What that means in "english" is that if the trailer is in the sun, it will warm up enough during the day that it shouldn't freeze at night when the temp drops below freezing. OPERATIVE WORD" "shouldn't"

When we lived in Louisiana, I never winterized until around mid January and then only when the weatherman on the evening news predicted a hard freeze tonight and I'd run outside in the cold and blow out the water lines. I seemed to always react after the crisis was upon us.

Now, living in the "tundra" I've already winterized for the upcoming cold weather that I know is about to be here, possibly as early as next week.....

Oh for nights of 28 and days of 50 again LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote