View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Kevin -

If it has been winterized while in outside storage (which it should have been), you will have to de-winterize it if you haven't already done so.

If you aren't familiar with this process, do a forum search and there are numerous posts/threads about this topic. You can also Google "Winterizing/De-winterizing an RV" which will provide you with a number of sites you can go to for information.

Check the pressure in the tires and look for any signs of cracks, bulges, etc in them. Propane tanks should be checked and topped up if necessary.

I'd get up on the roof and give it a thorough inspection. Check the caulking around all of the vents, skylight, antenna, etc., remove any loose caulking and apply new caulking where there are any cracks or gaps. Use Dicor self-leveling caulking (or equivalent) making sure it is compatible with your rubber roof.

Also check caulking around the edges and windows and all lights and other places where caulking has been applied. Re-caulk if necessary by using a good quality caulking --- I wouldn't use silicone myself - there are other and better products out there. In some cases, you may have to remove a frame and apply some butyl tape to ensure a good seal.