View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #3
SteveC7010

There was a time when the fridge had to be 100% level to operate properly. Not so much these days, but it still needs to close.

Here's what I do: Using a 2' carpenter's level, I site the trailer side-to-side while still hooked up to the truck. One side or the other gets raised with 2x or 1x pieces. I measure the level side-to-side on the vinyl floor in the doorway. (I've checked this against the floor of the freezer compartment several times so I know it's a decent place to measure.)

Since I have a fiver, I check the level across the front and adjust the landing gear as needed with boards. That measurement I take on the floor of the forward storage compartment. Then I drop the trailer and pull the truck away.

I take the front-to-rear measurement on the floor in the doorway and then raise or lower the nose as needed.

In my rig, everything seems to be pretty well matched as far as level goes. The counter top, stove top, floors, and bed all match the freezer floor for level to an acceptable degree.

If your freezer floor is that much different from other measure points in the trailer, you might want to consider making some adjustments. If the floor, stove, and counter all are the same, maybe the fridge needs to be adjusted.

Once you are happy with the level of everything, then install the outside bubbles.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote