View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 09:23 AM   #107
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
I recently requested comments on Carlisle trailer tires. Please disregard my question as the Carlisle trailer tires are still manufactured in China (as per a web search). I will be purchasing Goodyear Eagles for my new Cougar 316RLS before the first trip.
If you're fishing for information about the proper replacement tires for your 2021 trailer you're probably going to get more than you asked for by indicating you're going to use GY Eagles. They can be passenger or light truck tires but not trailer tires.

You will violate at least two major tire safety precautions when using any GY Eagles that will fit in your wheelwells. Misapplication - wrong designated size. Load capacity - the replacement tires must be capable of providing a load capacity equal to or greater than what the vehicle manufacturer has recommended and certified.

See the GY RV tire replacement SOPs.

Read your trailer's owner's manual.

Research the USTMA PDF file for proper tire care and replacements of RV tires.

According to the specs I found for your trailer it has vehicle certified 5200# axles and came equipped with ST235/80R16 LRE tires which provide much more load capacity reserves then you will ever use.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote