View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
chrismsnt

Congrats! We JUST got our last weekend and did the trial run at a local state park in IL last night. This is our first travel trailer so I have to says it's a bit overwhelming! I found that we had a bit of sway after leveling and setting everything up. I'm using Lynx blocks and such. However, even storing it locally, I put the tongue jack down... there's a bit of sway to it! I'm not sure if that's "normal" or not. When we slept in it last night, I felt like we were on a ship! Yes, I had the stabilizers down (with Lynx under them as well) but it just seemed like it had a TON of sway to it.

Another thing we've noticed is "managing" the 30 gallons of water!! It went FAST!!! Any tips or tricks in that department?

I can already see some mods I'm going to have to do. Such as putting up curtains for each bunk (I have that figured out with using the same type of tracking on the shower curtain), separating or putting shelves in some of the cabinets and all of that. Is there any way to turn down the brightness on the radio/DVD player? It seemed awfully bright!

Again... just figuring these things out! :-) We're towing ours with a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/ a 5.7 V8 Hemi. First time towing something that large as well. You know something is back there! That's for sure! I'd love to hear your impressions of your unit!

Chris
chrismsnt is offline   Reply With Quote