View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #11
EcoboostKev

Do yourself a favor and check your yellow payload sticker on the drivers door. You need to subtract the weight of your passengers,the cargo you plan to put in the bed, full tank of fuel(about 180lbs for 30gal.)the weight of the WDHitch itself and the tongue weight of the trailer from that number. My trailer loaded for camping weighed in at 7400lbs at my local Cat Scale and my tongue weight was 900lbs. The only things i'm able to put in my truck bed is my fishing tackle box and rods. So your tongue weight will be a little more once you load the trailer for camping.Also keep in mind that full propane tanks and battery is not included in the dry weight. My truck has a GVWR of 7700lbs and it weighed in at 7520lbs on the scale with the trailer attached. I'm guessing your Ram's GVWR is around 7200lbs. So i would do some math and see what you have. Also make sure you get a GOOD WDHitch as well. Not knowing the wheelbase of your truck and towing a 34' + trailer AKA- "wind sail" you want to make sure you have a Quality hitch with sway control. Remember that half of the fun is getting to your destination! You don't want to be peeling your fingers out of your steering wheel from white knuckle driving. Wish you the best of luck, Kevin
https://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...11_748-1-1.jpg
EcoboostKev is offline   Reply With Quote