View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #11
{tpc}

We have a 2014 passport 2300 bh. Ours is an atwood, and there is no "switch" on the heater per se, if your referring to the switch that is sometimes on the WH that is accessed via the panel on the outside. There is a breaker switch iirc, and in the main control panel where the switches are for the slide out and power awning, there is a white switch panel.

This white panel has two switches, says "atwood" on it, and near one switch is a lightening bolt and near the other a flame. Between the two is a red indicator lamp. One is for electric. One is for gas. The red light should not be lit, and indicates an overtemp condition in which the element (or heater?) is turned off. I believe the manual says if that comes on, you are supposed to turn off the switches on that panel for like 5 minutes or until that overtemp condition goes away and then you can turn them back on.

In this case maybe there is water in the tank and its being heated, but the bypass is not letting anything through? Though I would think you would have a ton of air in the lines when turning on the hot water side of the faucet.

Then again, I'm describing mine. Who knows what the OP has in his.