View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 05:45 AM   #1
Bob Landry

Outback 277 Range Hood

What were they thinking? Although there is a range hood over the stove. There is no vent to the outside fron the vent hood. The window behind the sink extends to the middle of the stove and between the window trim and the range hood, there is about 1" of clearance. I called Keystone and was told they don't put the vents in the Outback any more. The customer service person(using the term loosely) suggested I use the overhead vent. I havn't looked for one specifically in the galley area, but something tells me that there isn't going to be one there. Beside not being able to vent cooking odors, that really means that unless we want to spend a lot of time cleaning the wall and the mini-blind that runs behind the stove, the option is to hang a towel over that part of the window when we're cooking to catch splatter. When we were looking atthe trailer, I didn't specifically look for something that just made sense to be there and, it probably would not have been a deal breaker, but it is in fact, poor design/planning on Keystone's part, since this is a standard item on every trailer I have looked at and certainly a worthwhile kitchen feature. A shorter window in the kitchen would have resolved this and at least left a space for anyone who might have wanted to install a vent.

For those of you who own a new Outback 277, can you tell me what other little surprises I'm going to run across in this trailer?
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote