View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #12
BooRadley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackmel View Post
Why would you not have at least those cheap plastic molded wheel chocks? OR, how about finding a few good ole rocks if you do not have firewood? Have a saw? Cut a medium tree limb? What did campers do before Camping World?
lol

I used to wash with a bucket shower I made myself, and did the laundry in an old industrial mop bucket with a washboard and a mop squeezer. I'm not a stranger to adversity, and am usually quite resourceful.

I am a 41 year old female (I know Boo Radley was a guy, I just like the name ), and never was interested in camping in my life or RVs. Not living in an RV by choice, and only been at it for a couple months. Our house is no longer an option due to it's condemnable condition, and we were gifted an RV by a generous relative. Never learned anything about RVs, I am learning now but at a slow pace, due to me being a full time dementia caregiver (Mom lives with me and has advanced dementia), and due to attention span problems and concentration problems, a crappy wifi connection, and fatigue. Never figured I would get old, lol. Short term memory is bad, my hands are full 90% of my waking time, and tis the season for family drama, so I forgot to get chocks.

This is all pretty new to me. There is zero limbs or other wood or even large rocks to be found in my immediate area, it is a very well kept MHP with a few RVs in the front. Can't go on a hike in the woods away from Mom who has mobility issues from recent hip surgery and cannot be left alone due to dementia, to find wood or rocks.

Found a couple of cement blocks 2-3" thick in the back of the truck, along with a 4x4x4 wooden block. I put those items between the tires on each side, and last night was a breeze. I checked the position of the RV this morning, and no rolling was detected. Yay!

Thanks to all for your replies and advice. God bless.
BooRadley is offline   Reply With Quote