View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #3
Phil533

New to winter camping.

I recently purchased my new rv and use it one to two days aweek in the winter as a resting stop between home and work. It is at a seaonal campground and the water system is winterized. It has shore power at all times but the water snd sewar are turned off. I also tend to leave the propane off when I am not there. I have a 301 BQ outback with the arctic package. Can I leave the battery hooked up at all times since I have shore power at all times ? Should I leave the furnance on at all times and set it at 50 degrees when I am not there or do you think I should leave it off? Last questions, Do I really need to remove the clocks. battery remotes, electronics, etc when I am not there since I intend to use it once to twice a week in the winter. I don't mind the cost of leaving the propane on and the furnace running when I am not there since I will be back once a week or so to sleep in it. I also leave the fridge powered off since I am not using it. I live in Pennsylvania and the temps are dropping in the 20's to 30's. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Phil533 is offline   Reply With Quote