Thread: Stabilizers
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #6
buzzcop63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletOwner1 View Post
The stabilizer jacks are not designed to take weight off the tires. Just to stabilize the movement of the RV. So if you want substantial weight off the tires or even off the floor completely you will have to jack up and block the axles (with a real jack).

Is there a particular reason you want to do this? There are usually only a few reasons that tires fail and sitting on concrete over the winter, I don't think, is one of them. Wear, age, out of alignment, but not just sitting especially it they stay dry and out of the sun. Most RV tires don't wear out, they age out. 6/7 years tops.

If I'm wrong, let me know. I can take it.
Richard
2013 Owners Manual from Keystone states the following:
Stabilizing Jacks
Dependent upon the type (travel-trailer / fifth-wheel), product and model purchased, the stabilizer jacks included will vary. Although stabilizer jacks come in different types and sizes, all perform the same function: To stabilize the front and rear of all recreational vehicles while parked for camping. DO NOT attempt to lift the unit with the stabilizer jacks. These are not designed to bear weight, only help stabilize the unit from movement. Please refer to the manufacturer instructions supplied with the unit for care and operation and/or www.lci1.com.