View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 11:14 AM   #14
Stumpy75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill21 View Post
Thanks for the additional info
My camper is an outback 21.
I have a 2014 210TRS. On my trailer, there are two of those autobreakers on the frame right near the battery box. One is the main one, and the next one in line is for the slide. My trailer is in storage right now, so I can't get pics. My rig did not come with a battery shutoff switch.

I had a problem with the main ground on the trailer last year. Lights would dim more than they should have when a large load(slide) was applied. I checked everything else out, and verified I seemed to have the right voltage everywhere.

However, when I was checking the voltage the meter, I was using a spot other than the main ground as a ground. When doing that, voltage read fine on the meter, but things were still not right... That's when I decided to unscrew the main ground from the trailer, and I found a lot of corrosion at that connection. That was the wire from the battery to the frame. I cleaned everything up really well, and my problem was solved.

You have gotten lots of good info here. I won't try to rehash it all. Good luck!

2014 Keystone Outback 210TRS
2020 F150, 3.5l, 4x4, 3.55:1, Supercrew
Stumpy75 is offline   Reply With Quote