View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 04:13 PM   #17
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1234 View Post
RV One is the dealer we bought the camper from at an rv show. We told the salesman at the show we didn't want the one they were showing but we wanted a brand new one
Salesman says he can do that. Long story short we get it home and find out it's the same camper we looked at at the show. RV One would not make it right. Three months later we find the roof membrane is bubbling up. Contact RV One and they said to take pictures of it and send them to them. They supposedly submitted the pictures to keystone and keystone said it is normal . So we decided to take it to an independent repair shop for a 2nd opinion and they found other issues as well as the roof problem. They contacted keystone to submit a claim and keystone said there have been no claims against that camper and rv one needed to submit a waiver to allow rv shop to work on it. Rv one said they never heard of such a thing and we could take it anywhere we wanted to have it done.

Some thoughts;

Bought from RV one at a show, didn't want the unit at the show but a different one. GOT HOME and found you had the same trailer that was at the show? How did that happen? Did you not inspect it first or take it home?

Dealer would not "make it right"; did you sign a contract with the VIN of the trailer you have? If so you have a problem trying to "make it right" and have accepted that for looks like 3 mos.

You contacted RV one and they asked for pics which you sent and they said Keystone said it was normal. You then took it to an "independent" repair facility. Are they authorized by Keystone? If they submitted to Keystone I assume they are. "No claims had been filed" on your unit? I don't know RV one but sounds to me like they blew you off and just said something to get rid of you; some places are good at sales, some at service and some at both. Many do not like to do warranty work as it cuts into the bottom line.

Keystone "said" that RV one had to submit a "waiver" for another repair facility to work on YOUR trailer? I doubt that. How and why would Keystone interject themselves into the repair of YOUR RV? To take liability going forward? No.

RV one said you can take the trailer "anywhere" for repairs. Well, you can only if you are willing to pay for the repairs. The selling dealer is the only one obligated (sort of) to perform warranty repairs on your trailer. After that it has to be done 1) by an authorized Keystone repair facility and 2) by a facility that agrees to do the work for the warranty rated Keystone will pay.

Lots of "he said, she said" going on. You need to get documentation from every involved party because IMO you are being given the "song and dance" routine.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote