View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 02:18 PM   #57
bsmith0404

Personally, i think it’s going to come down need. There are a lot of people using Andersen hitches and they’ve been around for several years. At some point, I’m guessing, there became a concern and a NEED for Lippert to specifically address that hitch or type of hitch. If the Gen Y creates a need, then Lippert will address it, if not, then no harm no fowl. As of right now, their stance is we won’t cover damage caused by it, but they don’t address it specifically like they do the Andersen. I even got that impression during my phone conversation where the rep specifically mentioned the Andersen as a no go, but just said we’re still testing the Gen Y.

As for the one I saw damaged, it wasn’t on a Keystone trailer. The info above is from keystone. I don’t know if GD had a similar statement or not and don’t really feel like digging to see if they do. If I remember correctly from the Keystone write up, at least my impression was that Lippert never approved the Andersen, Keystone did. Keystone changed their info to align it with Lippert.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote