View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 02:03 PM   #56
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
I was surprised, actually heard back from Lippert today. Again they were very careful with their response. When asked if using the Gen Y would void the frame warranty if anything were to happen, they responded:

Brent,
Thank you for the question, the use of the Gen Y doesn't void your warranty by simply putting it on your unit, but if any issue come about that is a result of it, LCI would not be responsible finically.

Best,
Dave G.
Lippert Care Center Axle/Chassis Tech

Of course they’re going to be careful about using the term that so many people throw around “void”. The only thing this says to me is simply they won’t cover repairs caused by the use of the Gen Y. How they would determine/prove if the Gen Y caused the damage is unknown and I’m not going to continue asking them follow up questions. That would be something an owner would have to deal with if something were to happen.

One thing I will say about Lippert, in my experience, they have been easy to work with. As I mentioned before, I did personally see a pin box get bent by using the Andersen Ultimate. Lippert covered the pin box even though they have stated for years that the use of any hitch which requires and adapter to be bolted to the king pin is not approved. They did say they wouldn’t do it again if the customer continued to use the Andersen.

A couple of things for folks to think about on this subject in the excerpts from the Keystone letter to owners;

"There are various brands of goose neck adapters in the industry, none of which have ever been “authorized” or “approved for use” by Keystone, except for the Reese Goose Box and the Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection Goose Neck Adapter."

"Any Anderson Goose Neck Adapters installed after March 15, 2021, will not be eligible for warranty consideration. Proof of the date of the Anderson installation will be required as part of any claim submission."

The Keystone letter explicitly says Andersen Hitches prior to 3/15/2021 would be covered under normal warranty guidelines providing the owner has the proof of the date of installation.

The first paragraph from the letter says the Andersen and Goose Box were both authorized prior to 3/15/21. At that point any Andersen covered would have to have been installed before the above date. After that "Keystone" would only cover warranty issues on a Goose Box. Trying to read between the lines of the Keystone letter and what LCI is doing on the Gen Y hitch I'm thinking the Gen Y is not going to be "authorized"....which is pretty much what the note that bsmith posted says.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote